
Well. I had a coffee today. On purpose. I'm so ashamed.
A vile concoction of "chocolate macadamia nut" flavor with my additions of some milk and a ton of sugar.
It's Monday. I'm gearing up for the longest day of my week. Actually I've already been into my longest day for about 23 hours so far. I was at work from 11:30am Sunday (yesterday) to 10:15am today. Class starts at 11:30am and pretty much goes until 6pm. Then I have a class at 7pm until 9pm.
I even went to bed early yesterday, 12:30am, which, trust me, is early for me. But I awoke feeling so draggy that I had to resort to such methods as the Brew of Eee-Vil. But it's my fault. I'll get to that in a moment.
The thing about coffee and I is we sometimes don't get along. Okay, let me translate: we never get along. Sometimes coffee (read here: any caffeine) makes me sleepy. Really. I don't know why. Sometimes coffee makes me crazy. And I mean Beavis crazy. For those of you who even remember Beavis & Butthead, there's an episode where Beavis eats a bunch of candy bars and drinks a dozen sodas and goes bonkers, running around with his shirt pulled up on his head, laughing his obnoxious little laugh, shouting, "I am Cornholio!! I need TP for my bunghole!!" and "Bungholio!!"
Okay, I'm not that bad.
And coffee is a complete crap shoot with me. Will I get sleepy or crazy? I also usually get diarhea and nausea as well. Fun, eh? Can you see why I don't drink the Brew of Eee-Vil on a regular basis. But I'm willing to take the risk today. And possibly every Monday hereafter.So, what was my fault, as previously mentioned? Eating a box of Krispie Kreme donuts (six), an entire jar of Pringles chips (we can't even really call them potato), a large glass of Nestle Quick chocolate milk and I think a RedVine or two (your basic Twizlers). That was a bender for sure. And I pay for every bite. Recently I found out that I have a mild to moderate sensitivity to wheat and probably have always been sensitive to sugar (which, really, all of us do). So, a donut is the ultimate evil for me. Although not Eee-Vil. Only coffee and coke (soda) hold that distinction for me. So needless to say, I didn't sleep well with all that crap in my system.
You know, why do we use that phrase "needless to say" if we're already saying it? English is strange. Humans are stranger.
In any case, I doubt I'll become an addict to the Brew of Eee-Vil since I'm already a sugar/carb addict.
Sigh, the things we must endure in this life......
1 comment:
I can go with you on the demonic quality of coffee, but lay off the coke. Sacrilege will not go unpunished by the gods of cola sodas. Be warned.
Post a Comment