So you have to wonder what the quality of your life must be like if you wake up with the Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" stuck in your head. Because that's what happened to me this morning. Got up (at work) and "Here I am!!" comes crashing through my head like the iceberg through the Titanic. Great. "Rock you like a hurricane!!" it exuberantly continued. Oh great, even *I* remember the damn words. But then, the fun doesn't stop there because it sings out happily again... "Here I am! Rock you like a hurricane!", over and over. Like one of those mockingbirds that thinks that outside your very own bedroom window is the best place to go through his entire repertoire of sounds at the top of his lungs at three in the morning. And they have some amazing lung capacity for a little bird. And apparently, I don't know the words after all. Except those.
But I suppose it's appropriate for my life lately. I've been having a hard time at work with my new bosses. Hmmm, do I continue to tear them a new asshole? Really, this is my blog after all, so what. Bah.
So we got a new director and assistant director recently, about three or four months ago, I guess. And wow. Well, just, wow. Marty calls their style of approach "Toxic Green". Green being a level of a type of stage development created/put together by Ken Wilber. A narcissistic, integral philosopher bald fuck that Marty likes a lot. He's okay. I haven't really read enough of him to really know but I sure do hear a lot about him from Marty.
So apparently level Green is when people develop the mindset of equal harmony and destruction of hierarchy. The toxic side of Green would be taking this to a ridiculous level, a shadow level of bypassing bullshit. Where EVERYONE is equal and there is no hierarchy. When of course, there absolutely exists a hierarchical structure. So my bosses are so client-centered they border on insane. And very staff-ignorant. And in work like mine, you have to take care of your staff or guess what, the clients will suffer! Gasp! Wait a minute! By jove, they've got it all wrong!!
I was almost assaulted by a resident the other week. In the setting I work in, transitional housing, not an acute crisis program, violence towards staff is, at least to my understanding in the past five years or so, not tolerated. Period. You make a violent gesture towards staff, you are OUT. Usually next day if not right then (the police take you off and you're 5150'd). But the resident is still here and doesn't even have a three day notice, or a thirty day notice. Granted they didn't want to give him a 30-day notice, have him be more pissed off at me and me still working there. But please. He shouldn't be there anyway. But the police did not take him away when I called them when the incident happened. So after this, my bosses wanted me to sign a "Mutual Respect Agreement", stating that staff and resident will not be violent towards each other. The resident had told my bosses that I was the one to yell at him and raise my hand towards him. I refused to sign it, stating that signing this would play into his delusions that I was the one attacking him, not the other way around. My bosses didn't like this and on and on. Very annoying, very unsafe. I could go on and on but really, I'm so tired of the situation I could just puke. So screw them.
So, in the meantime, I've been waking up with these "Kick Ass" or "inspirational" songs in my head. Probably in a desperate attempt to keep me from saying the above to their faces. In an attempt to keep me from collapsing and quitting. Because I do like the hours and my benefits. So, the songs. Stuck in my head, most mornings.
Rock you like a hurricane, bitches!!
Fortunately, I have been waking up with better inspiring songs "stuck" in my head. Such as this one.
Good Times Around the Bend - String Cheese IncidentString Cheese performing live.Gonna pick myself up off the ground
When that old feeling comes around again
I’ve had enough of feeling down
There’s something I’ve lost that must be found again
chorus:
Sometimes it seems like such a hard life
But there’s good times around the bend
The rollercoaster’s got to roll to the bottom
If you want to climb to the top again
Driving down the highway in the rain
Look out of my window and see that southbound train
It’s headlights still shining in my brain
Stayed right alongside me just to ease my pain
chorus
Well the snow is gone and the springtime’s here
And the rivers song is buzzing in my ears
Sit and watch the treetops sway
Here comes a breeze to blow my cares away
chorus
So. Way better than the drivel crap that was "Rock You..." (you know you loved it!!).
Rock You Like a Hurricane - ScorpionsSorry to have to do this to you, but....
It’s early morning
The sun comes out
Last night was shaking
And pretty loud
My cat is purring
And scratches my skin
So what is wrong
With another sin
The bitch is hungry
She needs to tell
So give her inches
And feed her well
More days to come
New places to go
I’ve got to leave
It’s time for a show
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
My body is burning
It starts to shout
Desire is coming
It breaks out loud
Lust is in cages
Till storm breaks loose
Just have to make it
With someone I choose
The night is calling
I have to go
The wolf is hungry
He runs the show
He’s licking his lips
He’s ready to win
On the hunt tonight
For love at first sting
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Rocked you like a hurricane
It’s early morning
The sun comes out
Last night was shaking
And really loud
My cat is purring
It scracthed my skin
So what is wrong
With another sin
The night is calling
I have to go
The wolf is hungry
He runs the show
He’s licking his lips
He’s ready to win
On the hunt tonight
For love at first sting
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am, rocked you like a hurricane
Here I am
No comments:
Post a Comment