Not much going on today.
Other than it's raining enough to make San Francisco float away. Just coming down constantly. Marty says it will stop Monday. Oh yay.
We went to couples therapy this morning; something we still after years although we only go twice a month these days. Rough session. But we made it through and started working our way back up to a semblance of civility for the rest of the day. We're getting much better at that.
I suggested on our way home that we pick up some movies so we didn't get home and go, "Oh, let's get some movies." and have to go back out again.
So we got Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer and The Kingdom. I'd seen the sequel (Fantastic 4) in the theater but wanted to see it again and Marty, in his infinite and movie-judging wisdom, said, "That sounds like a good little piffle." See what I mean?
The Kingdom was pretty good if not quite intense. Story of an attack on an American contractor's compound in Saudi Arabia and the FBI team sent to investigate. I didn't even know that the FBI went international. But I guess it's technically American interest even if on foreign soil? It was well done and seemed to be making more commentary on the situation rather than just a shoot 'em up movie, which is what I was expecting. I recommend it.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment