Sunday, January 27, 2008

Worms!!!

They make my hair itch.

So at work today, first day back after a week off, which is always hard coming back but eventually, my body quickly "forgets" all that nice time off as if it never happened. And as always, work has its "unique" challenges. Although this time, a different resident of our house than the usual.

I discovered that the house cat, our cute Nooby, has worms. I discovered this while he was sitting on my lap and he got up and jumped off and there was a white grain of rice on my hand that was moving upon closer inspection. Well, I've had dogs, I knew instantly what it was and I can tell you that my hair didn't stop itching for the rest of the night.

I did the research to find out how transferable it is to humans as I do have a house full of residents to consider. Most likely tapeworms, although I thought it might have been roundworms at first, which apparently are more transmittable than tapeworms, whew. But still... ICK!

I made sure I washed my hands. I made sure my co-worker Laura washed her hands. I made sure all the residents washed their hands! We warned them about not letting the cat on their beds and their laps for a while. And then, poor kitty, we locked him up in the laundry room for the night with his bed, food and water and litter box. Tomorrow (hopefully!!) he will go to the vet to receive de-worming treatment.

He was not happy about being locked in, since he normally gets to be a love pig and sleep with any resident of his kingly choice. Here I am with my uber 'biner house keys, comforting said pissed kitty before locking up his worm dropping ass for the night.

No comments: