Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Glimmer of Hope

So at staff meeting yesterday, I learned that my co-worker and friend Camille is taking on the Assistant Director position. The Twain has now become "Her Majesty" or "Her Highness" as we won't include Camille in our predations and the Assistant Director has become the Director, as we all figured.

But Camille is an extremely strong woman. She has a strong personality and she says what she believes. I think the "new" Director might be in for a surprise. Indeed, she already seems so sour, you'd think her lips would fall off from the amount of pinching she does. Plus Camille is coming directly from being a counselor (which actually... oh bother, I'll just use her name... Anne did as well, but seemed to forget that), and she's been hearing all about the irritation, frustration, one might say hatred, coming from staff towards the management. And she's about people, which Anne is not. Anne is not even about the residents, which seems odd for a Director directing a house for the extremely mentally ill, with a staff to direct. And happy staff make for happy residents. Believe you me, they (the residents) pick things up and react. Generally towards the symptomatic.

But with Camille coming on, who has made it clear that she wants staff to have a voice again (whaaa, really?!), I'm just thinking there might be a glimmer of hope on the horizon at work...

No comments: