So today was my first supervision back with Caminar again. Caminar is the agency that I work for, a large, non-profit, mental health system. Because I have started to lose MFT hours, after January 31st, I need to make up those lost hours somehow. So I am headed back into the supervisee role... bleh. I don't like being supervised in general although I understand the need for it.
So I get on my new trusty blue scooter and head down after my staff meeting at Eucalyptus House. The best way down is 280 because I wouldn't even want to drive 101 in a car. Lots of construction and very busy due to the San Francisco airport being on that route. 280 is prettier anyway, lots of hills and greenery. Less cars definitely. But all in all, it wasn't a fun ride.
I don't remember being that nervous on the Katana. Granted that bike was about 2oo pounds heavier and made for fast speeds, much more stable. I felt like I was being buffeted around quite a bit and after maybe about 20 minutes of that, I was starting to feel like "Okay, this can be over now."
So then sitting through the two hour supervision, which is a whole different post and thinking about the ride back up and really not wanting to do it. But I got up gussied up again, pulling my scarf up and tucking it between my cheeks and helmet to keep my neck warm, making sure my sleeves were secure, battening down the hatches basically. It gets cold at 70 miles an hour!
I might take El Camino Real next time. It'll take longer because it's a regular city street with lots of stop lights but less windy. And less scary.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment