Memorial Day today. I think. I have never been able to keep Labor Day and Memorial Day straight. Ever. I know the last Burning Man weekend is on one of these weekends but again, I really couldn't tell you which one.
So after getting off work, Marty and I decided to go check the waves out since he didn't have any clients set up for the day. I had bought a Floaty Thingie. Otherwise known as a body or boogie board. Not really wanting to use it as its usual function of a wave riding device. I just don't want to drown.
Since it was a Memorial/Labor Day sale, I decided to get my own wetsuit as well because I had been still renting. After struggling into a couple of suits and accoutrements, I bought a nice O'Neill suit with hood and gloves. Then I slopped out into the water, always amazed at just how nicely my suit was working to keep me warm. When the legs fill up, they seem to billow a little bit, maybe too big although they seem fine out of the water. And they still worked, kept me warm, so I'm not stuffed. If I lose a lot of weight, I'm going to be in trouble, will need a whole new suit. Although I really don't see that happening any time soon, so I'm probably good for a while.
So now just flippers to get my way around on my little board, otherwise I look, as Marty put it, like a monkey on crack, wiggling and wallowing around, slapping my feet ineffectually on the water and basically look like a seizing seal that is going nowhere fast. Heh.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment