Friday, May 30, 2008

Hello Car

So we got a new car today. Well, new to us in any case.

A green Subaru Forester S, 1998 with 94k miles. Salvage Title but had no issues with serious damage.

We got it from a weird lot in Freemont, a strange backwater sort of place in the East Bay. The Bay Area is pretty weird, I think. But only in the best ways.

Weird guy on the lot, banging on his radio to get it to work. Apparently he buys and rebuilds salvage title cars, lots of Subarus. We had been thinking about the Subaru Outback as the car we wanted to get but the one we tried out smelled so awful we were almost sick. Apparently gear oil had been spilled in the back and the guy couldn't get it out of the carpeting. Plus we just didn't like how it drove. So the Forrester is was.

It took FOREVER. Six hours I think. Blearg.

At the end of the day, we were too late to sell the truck but started cleaning it out in any case. I started crying a bit. I always get very attached to cars. I'm not sure why. I've always cried when giving up a car and especially knowing our faithful and hardcore trooper truck was basically going to the junk yard, well, I was a very sad panda.

In any case, read Marty's blog on this event, I'm so behind on my posts, lol.

No comments: