Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Speed Racer

Nope, sorry, not a blog about the movie Speed Racer, which I did not deign to see.

But apparently Speed Racer is ME! Yes, I go forth at reckless speeds with the company van, endangering all in my path, including my passengers. At 70 miles an hour.

I was driving my co-workers down to the new four hour trainings and The Boss had left at the same time. I drove The Tank, otherwise named by a resident The Chalupa, a large 12-passenger van that gets 9 miles a gallon, the same way I always drive the stupid thing, my co-workers chatting amiably in the back. I took 280 as always, a fairly major highway, while a little less traveled than Highway 101, still a fairway for Californians, who lets face it, do not drive slow. I was going 70 miles an hour, which was right with traffic. I've always gone 70 miles an hour, whether in the van, in the truck, in the car, or on my scooter. Because that's what the traffic travels at. I think I hit 75 a couple of times to pass.

Well, apparently, COC was "clocking me" at 77 and when we got to the training, Camile came over to me and just gently reminded me that COC was in a tizzy about the speed. Camille is good about that stuff. I told Camille exactly as described above and reported that I would drive home at 65 (the actual posted speed limit). And I told her, "I bet you that I will about this again from her." Camille shook her head and said, no, that Camille had told COC she (Camille) would take care of the "reprimanding". But I'd still bet money.

Also, don't you have to be going 77 to be able to "clock" someone at that speed? Just a thought....

No comments: