My mom used to lose weight by making agreement to not get me something she didn't want me to have, like a TV or phone for my room or letting me paint my room all black. So she'd set a date and a weight goal. If she didn't make the goal, TV or phone in my room or all black paint. If she made the goal, obviously nothing happened but her losing weight. Hey, wait a minute, I lost either way!!
I'm always grumping about my body stuff but finally I told Marty I might want to try my mom's method, except that I'm not good on the deprivation models... that if I don't lose the weight I lose something or if I lose the weight, I avoid losing something. Not doing.
But something to work for that I get as a reward, I can do that.
So Marty and I made The Agreement.
By December 31, 2008, if I weigh 155 pounds, I can use money from our savings to buy a mid-range macro lens for my DSLR.
We'll see if this is motivation enough!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment