Wow, I got way not enough sleep on a bad couch and lots of creaky floors and baby and kids, sleeping at my cousin's house.
There was a lot of bustle getting ready to go to the wedding, which is nothing new to the Knight/Bennett clan, I must confess. I was feeling grumpy with LOTS of body stuff coming up, trying to stuff myself into hose and a dress. Marty says I dress like a frump most of the time and he's right. I like baggy clothes. Ick. I haven't been eating very well at all this trip, I feel fat and ugly and my body really hurts, plus my heart is doing its thing constantly, was most of the day yesterday. Which puts me in a poor state.
I had to call Marty and get some "It's okay, I love you and you're beautiful." It helped a little bit and I made the "hang loose" surfer sign to myself while talking on the phone with him and went off to the wedding.
The wedding was nice. I liked what the priest had to say about fighting. It's not that you fight to win or to be right, but that you fight for the relationship. I think that is true, otherwise Marty and I would have been kaput by now with all the fighting if we weren't actually fighting to create survival for the relationship. At least, that's what I'm going with. Nice to know it had a purpose!
My wedding photos weren't that great unfortunately and I realized that I should have set my ISO settings much higher than I had been shooting at, bah. So, half of the reception is sort of okay. The reception was nice, social event. Ahh, weddings.
Then back to take "naps" with the kids running all around, so really only dozing. Then off to dinner with the family, sitting under the pavilion still up on the lawn. What a nice idyllic community scene, again, an upper middle class neighborhood, not suburbia, neighbors talk to each other, read on porches, wave to each other. Ahh, oh so very nice. I really didn't want to leave right then, no matter how much I love my San Francisco. I really enjoyed reading and talking with family, getting to know Harrison more. Again, a good egg .
Then I went to play Rock Band, like Guitar Hero, but as a group, with Maia on guitar, Harrison on drums and me on singing. We played for hours and it was screaming fun, enough to even make me hoarse.
I walked home in the dark to Suellen's house, completely safe. Ahh, oh so very nice.
I was tired and my was hip in a lot of pain today. I was really feeling that on the walk home, as well as not wanting to go home to my nasty boss and lack of community but especially work. Especially work.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment