Our dear friend Emily from England comes back home every summer. Well, I should say that she started off as Marty's dear friend from the days of old, in his wildness of Adhoc, a political peace group he was with for some time. But she has become my dear friend as well and I always look forwards to her visits in the summer.
So she came to stay a few days, relaying her struggles she has been having lately. She is an American living in London and has been there for twelve years, I do believe. Fifteen maybe? She has a six year old daughter with a man in England but she wants to come home. He can't come over due to silly laws. So, in a way she feels stuck.
It's sort of a selfish thing for me, I think, wanting her to ignore that sort of stuff and come home. I really don't have any girlfriends, all my friends, at least close friends are guys and most of them don't live in the area either. So, yeah, I want the one girl I consider my "girlfriend" to be near me. I admit it. Plus, on the non-selfish side, I think she might be happier as well.
Marty and I continue to try and convince her to move back...
Friday, August 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment