Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Say No to Vomit Helmets

I was riding down to my internship on the scooter this morning and noted was feeling a bit queasy. It started getting worse and then I got that feeling. You know that feeling. The feeling that says 'It's going to happen, you're going to throw up.' No if, ands or buts.

So I headed for the nearest exit and was sitting at the red light, desperately holding on and just barely pulled up onto a sidewalk and even more barely got my helmet off before throwing up into the wood chips of a public garden. Yum.

Even though I barely got my helmet off in time, I can't tell you how much I was relieved that I got it off because I wouldn't even have had the first clue in how to throw up while still wearing it and I didn't want to be wearing a vomit filled helmet. Even more yum.

After throwing up (and wow, it is just the worst isn't it), I felt better but decided to turn back and head home just in case. Bleh.

No comments: