I figured at cost for a supervisor, ten hours per one hour of supervision, probably at around $100 per session, is about $1600 a month. With most supervisors not likely to sign off 40 hours a week in any case. Most jobs will give you one hour. I don't want to work in the mental health system right now.
So, there it is. It's pretty much not doable. And thusly I let it go. Almost 10 years of this. School started in 1998, hours started in 2000.
This really sucks but ultimately I think it's okay. I did, afterall, decide almost two years ago to stop then. I should have listened to myself and not the "But it's only 300 hours, how can you stop now!" of others.
I've decided my last day at my internship will be December 9th. And then it's pretty much over. No more hours. And no license. But who knows what will happen after that.
I don't really want to go back into the mental health field, to deal with COCs and people's crap. And the COCs telling you that you aren't good enough to deal with people's crap when you actually are. But I digress.
So, the big question is... what now?
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment