When Kentucky first went to McCain, I started biting my nails.
BUT...

I watched his acceptance speech, getting a bit teary myself, like the audience, lord knows probably like the world.
I went shopping for celebratory cookies and as I walked to the store, I could see many a shade raised and all TVs turned to the news channels. People were obviously celebrating in their homes and there were a couple of people out on the sidewalk talking on their cell phones, planning to go out to eat and celebrate.
I am so relieved. And I feel those shreds of hope forming, like the rest of the world. I imagine it's a bit like JFK's day and how the entire country and the world's eyes were turn to us with some sense of hope finally. That's my fantasy anyway.
However, I'm going to bed with uncertainty about Prop 8 (constitution ban on gay marriage) and its fate, with the polls still leading on the Yes, We, The Idiots of California will follow the Church's and Religious group's moola (to the tune of around $73 million) and step forwards to vote away people's rights. What fun! It's not looking good for Prop. 8 to be shot down. With some uncertainly... I sniff my way into bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment