I've said I love Netflix before, right?
Well, I love Netflix.
I rented Robotech from Netflix and it really was some rocking old anime, totally nostalgic.
I read almost all of the books and saw a few of the old shows plus I just have a soft spot for that old anime, like Robotech and G Force: Battle of the Planets. I grew up with it.
Cheesy but hey, I'm gonna start watching the A-Team at some point and I really grew up with the old 80's shows like the A-Team, MacGyver, Knight Rider, Star Trek (when reshown), leading into the 90's shows like The X-Files, Star Trek: The Next Generation (and those that followed), Hercules and Xena.
In a way, yes, they are completely cheesy compared against today's shows but in a way, they have a timeless quality to them that can be watched even now. I think possibly because they were in different, and to me, less dark times and reflected the lighter qualities then. Shows can be pretty damn dark these days.
I know it rots your brain, but long live TV shows.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment