Sunday, January 11, 2009

Headlock

January 2 - 11, 2009

So I decided to do posts in big time lumps rather than daily. Some might be daily for important events and such.

I started the year off in a pretty deep depression. I'm still in the midst of my career struggles, not knowing what to do with myself and having to look for a job when you don't know what to look for because you don't know what to do is awful. I get so stressed out and then it gets worse. Circular ain't it.

And then my stress levels get high, they spill out and over others and thus I have issues with Marty which causes more stress. Circular ain't it.

I surely have my heart in headlock, stuck in my brain, not my body, nor certainly my heart. Not sure if all the lyrics are correct, some are a little odd.
Headlock - Imgogen Heap

Distant flickerings,
It's greener scenery,
This weather's bringing it all back again.
Great adventures,
This isn't in condensation,
I'm going outside to take it all in.

Is it too late to start got your heart in a headlock,
I don't believe any of it.
Is it too late to start with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.

Wear a different pair,
Just something out of stead,
Throw a stranger an unexpected smile.
With big intention,
Still posted at your station,
Always on about the day it should have flied.

Is it too late to start got your heart in a headlock,
I don't believe any of it.
Is it too late to start with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.
(how can you lose?) Afraid to start, got your heart in a headlock, I don't believe any of it.
Is it too late to start with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.

You've been walking,
You've been hiding,
And you look half dead half the time.
Monitoring you, like machines do,
You've still got it I'm just keeping an eye. (x2)

You know you're better than this

Can't make a start, got your heart in a headlock,
but I don't believe any of it.
Is it too late to start, with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.

(how can you lose?) Afraid to start, got your heart in a headlock,
I don't believe any of it.
Is it too late to start, with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.
The official video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!