January 20, 2009
Today is the inauguration of the new United States President Barack Obama.
Marty and I watched the main event together. He got me up with a Mocha since it started up at 7am our time and the world knows I am not a morning person. I had basically told him that my nice husband would be bringing me my mocha in the morning. I was already awake at that point when he came in with it and I put my hand out from under the covers and he just put the coffee cup in it. Now if all mornings were like that...
We started watching about 8am (11am EST), when all the folks were coming out of the Capital building in order to sit down, the past presidents and such. It definitely looked cold over there. We've been having strange, warm weather over here but I vaguely remember what it felt like in that cold, I used to live near DC.
We watched everything from that point on for about an hour. When he came out, I admit the swelling of excitement, the hope rising within. And I bit my nails in fear of the cracking sound of a sniper rifle wiping out the slowing awakening nation's hope and anticipation of a changing-for-the-better future. But it didn't happen, much to my relief. Security was so tight a mouse couldn't have farted without six special agents bearing down upon it with guns.
I'm still a bit paranoid about it for the next four to eight years but overall, I think this will be the tightest security for any president in the history of the nation.
I'm very curious to see what happens now. What's he going to do first, what happens short term, medium and long term.
Is it indeed heading towards a sort of brand new world?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment