I was craving a burger today. A big, fat, juicy burger with cheese and bacon, make it a double. But bread... since I'm trying not to eat that tasty Crack-like substance that is so bad for me, I was in a quandary.
So I just asked my local burger joint "Uncle Boys", if they could make the burger and then just wrap it in lettuce.
I mean, In & Out Burger does it "Protein Style", so I figured I'd give it a shot.
"Wrap it in lettuce? You don't want a bun?"
"No... is it possible to just put it in lettuce?"
"No bun?"
And then I use the magic words, which are only moderately true "No, I'm allergic to wheat."
"Okay, lettuce it is!"
And I show up and the cute Latino cook is there, who the first time I walked into the place was wearing a T-Shirt with the pattern of a Tuxedo on it. I asked him if he got orders like that before and he said that yes, he actually had, that I was the third one. (So, why the questions, then, I wondered?)
So we chatted a little bit and off I went to eat my burger. It was extremely messy, I guess the bun soaks up a lot of juice, as well as the pesto type sauce they put on it. And I really dislike the evilness of iceberg lettuce but overall, it was quite tasty and somewhat guilt free!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment