We didn't see it in 3D. Overall, I'm not impressed with 3D. There's something off about the color for most 3D movies or you can tell it's kind of slap dash.
I mean, Avatar (fucking amazing by the way, and I saw first in regular, and then in 3D, in IMAX three times), was designed for it. The color didn't seem off to me because the whole thing seemed so very well done. I remember I think my next 3D movie being Clash of the Titans (which I went to see mostly for Sam Worthington... he's SOOO DREAMY!!!) although I had seen the original so very long ago. I kept switching back and forth, lifting glasses up, down again... wow, the colors were so different between 3D glasses and not. Much more rich and vibrant without.
I can't remember if I saw another 3D movie after that one until Tron came out, which I did go see 3D IMAX. And that seemed worth the 3D (it wasn't Avatar, of course). Oh, wait, I do remember another 3D movie, Jackass 3D, my goodness, how could I forget. That's a sin, to forget Jackass... blasphemer!!! And of course, if you're going to see something as wild as Jackass 3, you ought to see it in 3D, natch.
So I don't know if I buy this whole 3D thingie yet. I mean, for something like Avatar, built directly for it, sure. But the sort of, "let's slap on 3D technology after the fact to get more money for GeeWhiz Factor!!!", well, I'm not so into that. Considering all the 3D TV coming out and all that... well, again, we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment