Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pleasure In a Cafe

And I don't mean having sex on one of the little tables either...

Just sitting in my cafe, waiting for class, playing around with my battery hogging iPhone, which I had to turn off to preserve battery to get it home so I could make sure the new info I put in would synch. I remember the old days when you lost battery power, you also lost the new information on the phone... but I guess these days if the battery really did run out, it'd be okay.

In any case, listening to some nice old blues, drinking my mocha chai, poking around my netbook and suddenly overcome with a sense of satisfaction. Like Dr. Marc was saying yesterday, an evolved being can derive pleasure from anything.

I often feel like an amoeba but looking out the window at that gorgeous orangey-pink light as the sun begins to set, listening to the some good blues, the very sweet chirping of the canaries around the cafe, tasty mocha chai, suddenly a sense of pleasure, of deep appreciation for the moment, a fabulous relaxed feeling, like after some really good sex on a little table... I joke (partly), but really, a real contentment for my life overall in that small moment.

Not so amoeba-like, I tell you.

No comments: