I used to have these days quite frequently but not so much lately. But occasionally, I still do.
So I'm Too Tired today. I'm tired of work, tired of interests, tired of my husband, tired of my video games, tired of my house, my room, tired of my stuff, meaning belongings, tired of books, tired of being "fat and ugly", tired of TV, tired of my stuff, meaning my psychological baggage.
I'm tired of life in general.
Marty told me about this part of one of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, which I have read but didn't remember this part. Apparently there had been this huge thing visible from space which was a message left by a long ago people but no one knew what it said. All this research goes into trying to translate this message and apparently a long time passes by and then finally, the message is translated!
But actually, even though I like Marty's explanation better, Marty is remembering incorrectly because this actually comes from this part (found at Wikipedia):
The only profitable division of the company (Sirius Cybernetics
Corporation) is its Complaints division, which, according to the series,
takes up all of the major landmasses on the first three planets in the Sirius
Tau system. The theme song for the Complaints division is Share
and Enjoy, and has since become the theme apparent for the company as a
whole. The main office building and headquarters for the company was originally
built to represent this motto, but due to bad architecture it sank into the
ground, killing many talented young complaints associates. The downside to this
is that the building now read, in the dialect of the planet it was on:
"Go Stick Your Head in a Pig."
That's become sort of a phrase in my household to refer to wanting to hide away, stick your head in the sand sort of thing.
So I really want to stick my head in a pig today.
No comments:
Post a Comment