I like nature and all. Nice trees, clear air. Bugs, dirt. All good, in the scheme of things.
So I went camping with Marty, his friends (and mine, but his first) Emily (American living in England) and Paul (living in Sacramento). Just Friday and Saturday, but in a little state park named Armstrong. We packed like we were going to "pack it in" but I realized that I would just about die if I had to carry a large pack on my back for three miles over rough terrain. So we ended up camping in one of the "moderate" campsites, you know with a flushing toilet structure, fire pit, picnic table. Etc. Still camping, just not as much in the "wilds" as maybe we wanted to be.
But we had a good time. We did the good old camp stove meals, burritos, spaghetti, etc. We watched the night sky and saw some good shooting stars. We chatted late into the night like when you had sleep-overs when you were little. Okay, maybe just the girls would understand that. I don't really know if boys have sleep-overs when they are little. Emily and I had a good girl talk. We all went hiking.
Which brings me to the body image part of camping. I am so out of shape. As we were hiking, I hurt, I was breathing too heavily, my heart was doing its weird arrhythmia thingie (I do believe Paul said we were fairly high up in altitude, which seems to set off my heart worse than just normal exercise).
I had already decided a bit ago that I was going to start my "No Wheat, No Sugar" thing again after Burning Man, basically at the beginning of September. Even though it sucks. Just the thought of doing it again makes my heart sink and my skin crawl. I hate the thought of anything that smacks of deprivation. And not being able to eat wheat or sugar is very much deprivation to me. Like trying to go off crack or something.
But so necessary. Because I can barely move sometimes. So here I go again. Bah. Sniff... I love bread and sugar.
But onwards!!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment