That I really, really like music. LOVE.
Well, in my last bit of work with my most recent talk-style therapist before ending to start focusing more on my work with my current body-style therapist (a fantastic Rosen worker who is also licensed as a MFT), I realized that music is a lot more important than I had originally thought. It is my greatest ally and THE most important thing in my life.
I like most forms/genres/kinds of music. I'm hard to put to say I "hate" some sorts of music but I definitely have my favorites, such as, well.... erm... Heh. Categories of music these days confuse me. Alternative versus house techno, versus punk, versus industrial techno... etc. So, I generally would say, "Okay, I like Peter Gabriel, Sting, etc...." but then I would have to take up an entire computer screen of names.
So, I'll just talk about music in general. So, as I said, I love music. It's groovy, you can sing to it, you can dance to it. And I can create various moods, deep and effecting, with it. I can't do that with all music. There's just some songs that you have to go "mmh" in that small noise of deeply effected satisfaction/pleasure/just "Oh my gods, that is so amazing". My husband makes this noise perfectly when he hears an excellent singer's voice or when reflecting on a favorite TV show (such as John From Cincinnati). These songs are the ones that my mood can shift almost instantly, make me melt in appreciation for the human creative spirit, for life itself.
And when you combine good music with another good thing, well, that's beyond fantastic. Like the American Beauty Soundtrack, haunting and amazing for such a haunting and amazing movie. Or like my current listening playlist, the soundtrack from the TV show John From Cincinnati, the combination of the music with the memory of the show... just has me drooling and if I could make that little noise as well as Marty, I'd be hoarse. Goosebumps are a regular experience for me, when I immerse myself in such a great combination of music and other media.
Currently I am melting over several songs from the JfC Soundtrack:
"Sun / Rise / Light / Flies" by Kasabian - A video of clips collected from the show, as this song was played during the closing of the first episode, "His Visit: Day One". (Well, it used to be until Youtube started going bonkers about removing everything in sight, now it's just the song with a static background).
"Tic" by Kava Kava - With the clip from JfC whence the song appeared, Episode One - "His Visit: Day Two", with Shawn Yost, the young surfer on the show, preparing for his first surfing competition.
"Time to Say Goodbye (Con te Partiro)" sung by Sarah Brightman - Well, I found the clip from the show but the song is in the background on the radio while the character Steady Freddy sits in the car (Episode Three - "His Visit: Day Two Continued"), and if you've watched Deadwood, well, you know Dayton Callie (who played Charlie Utter), and you know the monologue he's indulging in is full of more cocksuckers than you can shake a stick at. So, I'll give you this silly video of the song.
"Series of Dreams" by Bob Dylan - Again, I found the JfC clip that this song goes with but I can't put it on here because it's basically one of the last scenes of the show and gives far too much away so I don' t want to ruin it for people who haven't seen (and should see) John From Cincinnati.
Well, music is my boyfriend and how I love my music!!
No comments:
Post a Comment