Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Year of the Hair

Well, here it is, a New Year. 2008!! Marty said "How the hell did we get here?" and I think I have to agree. The world has been such a crazy place the past few years. It's amazing we're here and still in, mostly, one piece. But here we are.

So, if you've been keeping up with my blog from the beginning or so, or knew me personally, face to face, exactly a year ago, you know that I shaved my head. And I looked like this:


One of the reasons I shaved it was that I wanted to know how much my hair grows in one year. So I didn't cut or dye or do anything at all to my hair for the entire year. I had Marty measure it today.

7 Inches!!

I have no idea if that's an average of what hair grows per year or if it's different for others. But, that's how much my hair grows in one year, and, you know how hard it is to take a photo of yourself when not using your camera timer or remote... So now I look like this:

Yep, that is seven inches of hair. Seems like it should be longer. And now I can finally get a haircut and trim that stuff up. And do whatever else I want to it. I'm probably not going to shave it again but I did like that velvety stage when it was growing back in the first few weeks.

Hair Gone, Hair Today!

No comments: