Today when I got home from work around 12pm, I was pretty soaked. It was raining when I drove the scooter home and it was damned cold. We've been having a very cold winter, cold even for us. I know, I know. Don't laugh East Coasters, I know what you guys are going through. I used to live in the mountains of western North Carolina and I know cold. I lived in Maine from September to April and I really learned cold. But there is something weird about the chill out here in San Francisco. It seems colder than I remember NC or ME being. And it's been colder than usual. So it made the rain extremely cold as well, each droplet, many of them, feeling like ice needles until my skin went numb. But at one point, I just wanted to stop riding, get off and curl up. I felt like I just couldn't take it anymore. But I made it home in one piece, driving very slowly (considering the accident I had was in the rain).
I threw myself immediately into a hot shower and my hands and thighs were so cold, the water felt like it was scalding me. I ended up on the futon we use to sit and watch TV, face down with my head by the little useless foot heater and basically slept until 7:15pm. Marty came home somewhere in that time frame. He had a cold that came on suddenly yesterday and he napped with me a bit before Sitting and going off to see clients.
I guess I was doomed because when I woke up, I had a runny nose and felt tired and achy. Great. I had wanted to avoid this one if possible but alas, not to be.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment