Today I found out Heather Ledger died. He was 28 and they still don't know what happened. Suicide or OD of some kind, or medical, unknown at this point.Normally, these things don't really bug me. Well, unless it's an actor I like and even then, only faint strains of sympathy. But for the most part, I feel why should celebrities get all the "Oh no!! They died??!! That is SO SAD!!" when there are tons of people dying in this world PER DAY. And one person should get all the attention when they kick this mortal coil? Bah.
That said, this death bugged me a bit because I do like him as an actor. And because he was so young. And because there is no definable cause off the bat. Usually it's suicide or drugs or whatever people get themselves into. But he always seemed pretty on the level. Although Marty mentioned that he didn't seem a happy dude. Some sadness there. But still, a cute guy, a good career, a two year old daughter... but this has not stopped people before.
It's a sad thing when someone with a whole life ahead of them, be they celebrity or "regular", goes so young. So much potential snuffed out like a candle. That thread, thinking about the threads of Fate, has been cut, ended.
I hope he finds whatever he was looking for and if he wasn't, may he find something in the next life that satisfies him as much as this one did.
No comments:
Post a Comment