Sunday, January 6, 2008

TV and Such

Okay, I admit it, I like TV. And movies. I like that genre of media in general.

And how I like these is often a bone of contention between my husband and I. I can like just about anything. Even if it's "bad", if there's one thing that I liked in the show/movie, I seem to be able to generalize it to the whole thing. We can come out of a (in his opinion) "bad" movie, say The Red Planet (remember that scientific silliness with Val Kilmer and Carrie-Anne Moss) and he's like, "Oh god, that was awful!!" and I'll say "I liked it!" (because it took place on Mars, that's the only reason, oh and Val Kilmer was cute). A huge argument ensues because of these quite different views.

So, there's a lot of stuff that I tend to watch that he does not join me. He also has no patience for serials either. Lost was driving him mad because he hates waiting a whole week for the next episode to come out. He'd rather just have the entire season of whatever show to consume at his leisure (usually if it's something he likes, at least two or three episodes a night). I don't mind waiting and I have so many shows that I watch, I just record them and end up watching several weeks worth at once anyway. I used to be very hooked into my shows and sometimes would get anxious about a character dying or a cliff hanger for the season end or the cancellation of a show. But now, I just sort of roll with it and hope the really good ones stay on. Which of course, doesn't often happen. Say with John From Cincinnati, because apparently America is too dumb to get it.

Anyway, here's my ever growing list of shows that I watch. I'm sure it's not complete but it's about as much as I can remember at this point.

For the sake of readability, I'm not going to be all proper English and underline or italicize these titles.

Here are some of the current TV shows that I'm watching:

24, America's Next Top Model (yes, now shut up), Battlestar Galactica, Beauty & the Geek, CSI (all three), Criminal Minds, Dexter, Dirty Sexy Money, Doctor Who, Flash Gordon (new), Heroes, House, Jericho, Kyle XY, Lost, Moonlight, Psych, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, Smallville, Star Gate: Atlantis, Supernatural

Here are some upcoming shows that I'm interested in, that are in production but haven't seen, or are starting up very soon (like next week) or in the next couple of months or so, or might even just be glimmers mentioned on vague rumor sites:

A.M.P.E.D., Californication, Caprica, Darkside, Dollhouse, Eli Stone, Fringe, Knight Rider, New Amsterdam, Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, To Love and Die, Torchwood, True Blood, Warehouse 13, usually any vaguely interesting sci-fi/fantasy type show

Here are some shows I watched but have been canceled or ended:

Angel, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Dead Zone, Deadwood, The Dresden Files, Earth2, Firefly (bring it back!!), John From Cincinnati (bring it back!!), Star Gate: SG-1, Star Trek (all versions), Surface, Threshhold, X-Files, Xena

Okay, don't laugh about my choices, damnit.

No comments: