This Saturday was one of those days when I just wanted to lay around and do nothing but eat crap and watch movies. My back still hurt, my adjustment not having completely shifted the rib that was out, and I just felt a little Blah. Maybe it was hormones from my period or just from being so damn tired all the time lately.
So other than dropping off and picking up the scooter for its oil change, going shopping at Costco (wherein I got the dates of my coupons wrong and did not end up saving a lot of money) and Rainbow, our trusty not-quite-neighborhood co-op, I did indulge and lay around and watched a movie and TV.
I watched The Day After Tomorrow, a movie off of my own shelf, wherein Earth experiences a sudden climate change and enters into a new Ice Age, courtesy of global warming. All in all, it's a well put together movie in term of cinematography and acting and all that. The only thing is, that kind of change wouldn't happen that fast and even they said so in the movie and didn't know why it had happened so quickly (other than so much fresh water dumping into the salty ocean from Antarctic melt-off and slowing down the global current - this is an actual theory of what global warming could do). So likely that was a bit off, for dramatic effect. Here was my other problem, mostly personal, with the movie. If you are stuck in a large stone building (the New York City Public library, say) and you are trying to keep one room warm where everyone is huddled together, with a massive double door entryway, why on this earth would you leave the damn doors open for so long when coming in and out of the room. They come in and stand there, talking about some plan with the doors still wide open. I mean, I yell at my husband when he leaves a crack open with my bedroom door because that's usually where we have the heater going. And heat escapes very quickly. So, uhm, DUH, close the damn doors as soon as possible. Hell, use only one of them and shut it up as soon as possible. Other than that, liked the movie.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment