Marty and I went to see the movie Jumper after seeing our trusty neighborhood chiropractor.
He thought it was an "oddly shallow movie" whereas, I as usual, found something I could like in it, making the whole movie, at least "okay" in my eyes.
Although what I liked in it wasn't really about the movie itself but the idea of being able to "Jump" anywhere I wanted, at any time. I mean, how cool would it be to say "Hmm, I really want a croissant with good Parisian coffee right now" while sitting at your home in some out of the way town and bamf!, you're sitting in Paris, at a cafe, having your snack. "I want to go scuba diving this weekend in the Red Sea." and pop, there you are. And yes, I could see how tempting it would be to just Jump into a vault and take lots of money.
As they say, absolute power....
We had a nice visit from one of Marty's friend's who needed a place to stay on her way to the airport. She's a very steady, "Earth Mother" sort with some of that great "adventuress" thrown in. So that was a short but sweet little visit before heading to watch Marty play his strange little video game to completion an then bed.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment