Friday, February 22, 2008

Vantage Point

After couple's therapy, Marty and I went to watch "Vantage Point" with Dennis Quaid (finally looking his age and a bit rough), William Hurt and Forest Whitaker. It was about a secret service agent trying to figure out about the assassination of the president and is told from the different view points of various people surrounding the event. I liked it fairly well. It reminded me of "Memento" although with a different idea behind it. Marty, of course, thought it lacked, that it gave up its unique idea in the middle of the movie, when everyone's story sort of comes together and intertwines. It was your general action flick type plot, not extremely deep, more about the convention of the vantage points and a very intense car chase. Although no car chase in my eyes has been able to knock out "Death Proof" as the top all time car chases. "Death Proof" was one of the Grindhouse movies that Tarantino recently did and it almost had me in seizures, I was so scared.

Then Marty and I went to the gym and I engaged the Anteloper fairly well, even managing to increase the resistance and ramp incline a little bit. Still need a good sports bra. And need to make a specific play list on my iPod for workout music since I seem to be skipping through my list very frequently to find something I want to Antelope to.

Marty was several machines away on the treadmill and I found myself glancing over often to look at him. I think the other people between myself and him were starting to wonder if I was looking at them or not.

In my moments of pique involving Marty, I have a tendency to be rather disparaging towards him physically, sometimes in person, usually in my mind. "His hairline is receding, he has creepy teeth and a tiny chin, he breathes through his mouth all the time, his lips are lumbersome (don't ask, it's a Heatherism)."

But in those non-irritated moments, I really don't feel like that at all. I think my husband is a cute and handsome man.

I had noticed some of my pique coming up faintly in couple's therapy, watching his face and feeling slightly irritated at one point in the therapy that so much time was being spent on him. But I got over it fairly quickly because I realized I was tired and really didn't want to be put on the spot like I had been last session. And besides, in my mind (and all our minds in couple's therapy!!), he needs to be fixed anyway. I kid. Mostly.

But on the Anteloper, all that melted away and I only saw his beauty. He wasn't wearing his glasses, which always softens his face. He was sweating and the sun was coming in through the window to set his face all aglow. He had that sort of inward/outward focus kind of energy. You know the one, trying to ignore and be in your body at the same time while exercising, or you are thinking of something in a very open way. He just looked very soft and beautiful in the moment.

And I couldn't help to keep looking at my gorgeous husband from my own personal vantage point.

Plus, for some reason, he's really terribly sexy in those fingerless weight lifter's gloves. Actually, for that matter, I find any adornment: bracelets, close-to-the-neck necklaces, (neither of which he ever wears), very sexy on him. They seem to transform him into a hot wild desert princeling. Yum!

No comments: