So, being a Netflix buff, my queue is almost full (you can put 500 movies on it, including the ones you have out). I put all kinds of stuff on there, from what Marty categorizes as "High Brow" to "Low Brow". I've seen all sorts of strange and interesting movies like Nightwatch and Daywatch, a Russian sci-fi film and its sequel, along with all sorts of others, as well as being able to catch up on TV shows that I started mid or later seasons. And being able to have a limit of 500 movies in the queue is an advantage because I can browse through their insane list of proffered items and just Add here and there if it looks vaguely interesting. I'll try anything, really.
And what a great service, comes in mail, you watch, put in envelope, drop in box. Keep it as long as you want. I think Marty's had his current one for three month. I think I had one for more than six months. Since we have a distribution center in San Francisco, the turn around time is quite short, only a couple of days. Currently we have the 4-out-at-time plan. Meaning we can have four DVDs out at any given time. As soon as I send one (or three) back, they immediately send the next one (or three) from the queue. And since I have a ton already on the, queue, I could just leave it and watch. But I'm constantly rearranging my queue, changing the order to suit my mood or if I get caught up in a TV serial I want to watch in bulk. Or if in my browsing I find something I want to watch right away, add and bump to the top of the queue. Within an account, you can set up as many queues as you want. So Marty has his own separate queue from mine and he gets one of the four DVDs, while I get three. I watch more voraciously than he does.
So when I was browsing around, I ran across a TV series from a premium (meaning paid for) channel called here!, which apparently is GLBT oriented. The series is called Dante's Cove and seemed like a fantasy oriented show around a haunted hotel (well, haunted sort of, some thing about witches or some such). With a gay bent. So why the hell not, I said. To me, it's what Netflix is for, trying stuff out.
As you should know by now, I'm extremely lenient to movies and I usually give special latitude to TV shows as they don't usually have the same kind of budget. I even give extra special latitude to TV shows that are just beginning because you have to have some understanding that the actors are getting used to their characters and the plots and all that. So, that said, I think Dante's Cove has the most atrocious and appalling bad acting I've seen in a long time. It is little more than a very badly acted (and I mean VERY) soap opera with a little bit of "mysterious witch stuff" thrown in. Oh wow, I really was appalled by the bad acting.
But as I was watching, and probably doing something on my laptop, because I am the Queen of Multi-Tasking, after all, there was a scene at the beginning to set the story of why the Hotel Dante is "haunted", where the young man who is engaged to marry this woman (who ends up being a nasty witch, and I don't mean just the mean woman kind, but the red-glowing devil eyed (oh please) kind) (and also played by the horrible second commander of Bablyon 5, Tracy Scoggins) ends up seducing his butler and sleeping with him after she leaves the house. Full on nakedness. I'm not kidding. And as I look up from my screen, when I hear the betrayed woman screech when she returns unscheduled to find her man being banged from behind by said butler over their sofa, the butler stumbles back and lo, penis!! Full frontal. Wow. Some show. Of course, she then curses him and he falls on the floor in spasms, fully in view and naked penis flapping about and then dies.
Since that point, there weren't any full frontals but plenty of nakedness and "simulated" sex. usually to some cheesy "gay boy" music, what some might label as "house techno". Some show. Mostly gay sex but some lesbian and hetero sex, with what some might call hot boy eye-candy. Seems like mostly the show is a venue for this "medium" core porn. It's not hard-core, nor soft-core, so I guess medium-core will have to do. So plenty of bad acting, but the sex ain't bad... so how does one score such a thing?
But gods' bless Netflix for the opportunities to try out such... interesting media.
On a side note, I was watching this drivel because I didn't go (couldn't go) to Karate tonight because something in my left hip joint was hurting enough that it seemed smart to take the night off.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment