C.O.C. aka Cunt On Crack
In this case, a COC handled well is deflated rather than engorged with control issues spewing false power.
In other words, the plan Marty and I had gone over last night went off very nicely.
I went in, basically handed her a hard copy of the email and told her I was going to send the actual email to her, Camille and CC COC's boss as well.
COC's Response: "You don't have to do that, this hard copy will be in your chart." (never to be seen by COC's boss in that case)
My Response, said in a light, squirrel bright tone: "Oh, I don't mind!"
Her Response: A slight frown with her usually bitter and pinched lips.
I then notify COC that I'll let her boss know ahead of time that the email is coming by giving her a call, just to inform the boss that the email is on its way. Documentation, you see. That's all.
COC's Response: "She's not in her office today." with the pinched lips getting more pinchy-er.
My Response, said again in a slightly vapid, squirrel bright tone: "Oh, I'll leave her a message."
Her Repsonse: A further pinching of the frowning, embittered lips and slight glaring of the beady eyes.
I was just about howling (with laughter) when I got out of the pass-on that morning. I called The Boss and left a message, using all the polite disarming techniques Marty had gone over (I even took notes and memorized them that night).
That was a good morning, I have to say.
Then later, it was off to see the new Indiana Jones movie: Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. As Marty put it... it was a little flaccid. Even though it was jammed packed with action, it all seemed very slow. I heard that Harrison Ford did all his own stunts and well, you can tell. When he jumps from one moving car to another in a wild jungle car chase, you go, "Oh, that had to hurt those old bones." He seemed old. And somehow slow moving. Shia LeBeouf was cute, as always. He's a cute boy. I don't know about him taking over the titular role but he might be able to pull it off when he's a bit older. Overall, decent popcorn movie but... slow and a bit flaccid. Viagra, Indy!!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment