Okay, I have to say that Fido was the strangest take on a Zombie film that I have ever seen. I mean, I don't even know if I can describe its crazy weirdness to you.
First off, it's a Canadian Zombie Comedy, so that might give you some idea of where the tone might be going. Set in a sort of 50's genre, zombies have been "controlled" through the use of a collar created by the corporation Zomcom. Zombies now are everything from gardeners to butlers to garbage men. Any sort of menial job is filled by the recently, and not so recently, deceased. A sign of prestige is how many zombie servants one owns.
So the security officer for Zomcom moves in down the street from a family who's dad hates zombies and is mean to his kid. Said security officer has many zombies and the other family's wife is jealous so she gets a zombie for their household. Their son "befriends" the zombie and calls him Fido. Unfortunately, Fido at one point slips his "leash" so to speak and eats one of the neighbors. Much weirdness ensues.
It definitely wasn't your typical zombie movie and definitely seemed to have some snarky social comments. Overall I'd recommend it. Although for a "funny" zombie movie, I definitely recommend Shaun of the Dead.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment