Of course, The Bitch had A Bitch about my doing Poi with the resident. Well, not that I did Poi with the resident but that I hadn't done it in the "MI" (Motivational Interviewing) way, meaning that she didn't like how I did it, and thusly took exception to that. Never mind that it WORKED. Never mind that the two favorite guys, for an intervention, told the client to try shouting and cursing and they got high praise but when I ask a client to set aside their Critic for a moment, I get slammed. I was pissed. Bitch.
Then off to my Rosen session, where, yet again, I talked about COC and how much I can't stand her. But it turned out to be an interesting session. Well, they always are.
Steuart said to me, "You know, it seems to me that there is something else goingon under all this. If you were to strip the meat away from all this, what would be left?".
Suddenly the image came to me of two male warriors in ancient Japanese style armor with spears, striving fiercely against each other.
Now, I do believe in past lives. I believe we meet people who have any sort of importance, positive or negative, in our lives, over and over again. One life you could be bitter enemies, one life dear lovers, one life some configuration of family. I believe the type of connection does change from life to life. Marty and I could be Mother (him) and son (me), next time.
But with this image, I had the feeling that my crazy boss and I have always been rivals of some kind. And the images that followed were flashes of us, usually male, striving against each other in various old forms of armor, wielding various forms of weapons. All forms physical combat. But fairly equal. If I "won" one day, then she the next.
My gods, I can't tell you how much I want to tell that bitch to "Step outside" at times. I could fuck that fat cunt up like no one's business. As "pitiful" as I am, I could break her in half.
And apparently, that is how I am used to dealing with her. But the balance of power has been shifted. She is my "superior" in my job and due to her woundings and how she gathers things around her, she has the skills to fight in a different manner than our usual physical bustle. In this case, the pen IS mightier than the sword.
So it is a case for me, of learning new sorts of weapons. I am going to learn how to be as savvy as she is with the politics. I'm going to have to learn to be "smarter" than her, which should be fairly easy since she is a one trick pony. But I really do suck at these sort of politics.
Gaghhh. I hate this sort of stuff. I'd rather just hit her in the mouth.
Speaking of hitting, we saw the new The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton this evening and it was good, passable. Norton is always very cute. The King Kong copy bit with them on the cliff in the rain was a bit dumb, but what can you do. Overall, a good "popcorn" movie as Marty calls them.
No comments:
Post a Comment