Thursday, June 19, 2008

While the Cat Is Away

COC is gone for the week, coming back tomorrow. And lo, we didn't have a single incident report the entire week. No one went to the hospital, no freak outs, no AWOLs. Hmm. Ahem, excuse me, but is someone looking at this!! Damnit, look at us now!!

So it was very quiet and peaceful, excepting the Spy Bitch Secretary, who kept trying to ingratiate herself with everyone now that her uber big boss is gone. And none of us were having it, pretty much. Polite with her but not falling for her tricks either.

I went out and did poi with one of our extremely anxious clients and, asking her to set aside her self-deprecations for the moment, taught her a little bit about Flow. It's funny, when I'm Spinning, and I make a mistake, I am able laugh gently at myself, unwind my Poi from around my wrists and start back up again. I don't seem able to do that in my regular life when I'm irritated at myself for various things. But in Poi, when you attack yourself, the Flow literally stops and you can't Spin. At least I can't. And neither could she do any of the basic movements until she did as I asked and stopped asking "Am I doing this right or wrong? Is this right or wrong?" And then, even in her hands, which had never touched a Poi before, it Flowed around in a circle. And the client, amazingly enough was calm for the rest of the day.

The mice will play!!!

No comments: