3:20am
Ever had that sense that something in the air just feels wrong? You're not even sure what. You don't have a sense of anxiety or fear, just a vague feeling of "something quite not right". I couldn't sleep so got up and wandered around the house and then finally ended up here.
Later:
I went to gym and did my regular Anteloping. As I fired up the bike to head home, I noticed a car down the street, parked on the side of the street at the intersection. It looked like it had a window broken into. This is a common occurrence. But as I pulled up right next to it at the red light, I realized that it had been completely trashed, vandalized. All side windows, the back window and the sun roof were all smashed in. There were spider cracks in the front windshield where it looked some someone had tried to smash that as well. Two young Asian men (maybe late high school, early college age) were standing there, at a loss, staring at it. One opened the driver door, the owner I assume, and more glass shattered down to the already massive pile collected on the street. Three other young men, not associated with the two, looked on with vaguely bemused looks, that "Dude, that suuucks." sort of look while at the same time a strange sort of smile passes the glazed eyes. Then you wonder if they had something to do with it or just don't know how to handle what they feel about it.
I personally felt really bad for them. And the car. I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. But if Hell existed, there would a very special place cordoned off for people who do stuff just like that.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment