Saturday, June 28, 2008

Marty's Shrinking Family Reunion

Marty and I went up to his Incredible Shrinking Family Reunion this year. There weren't as much people there as usual. In my experience, it has been a sizeable gathering.

Maybe it had something to do with the pool being out of commission and a normal hot Sacramento day. Or maybe it had something to do with half of California being on fire and pouring nastiness into the air.

Or maybe it's just one of those things that waxes and wanes with time. These summer jams have been going on for quite some time as I understand.

Although small, it was quite nice. I like talking with Marty's parents and his cousins, especially Tamsen who is near my age. Plus there's always good snacky foods and chickens. Well, not to snack on, but Marty's Aunt's family has chickens, rabbits and dogs.

You know if there are dogs, Marty will be happy.

All in all, a nice little gathering.

No comments: