Thursday, July 3, 2008

Horses!!

We went to the Kentucky Horse Park and saw the Parade of Breed, including a Dutch breed called Fresians. Very gorgeous. All black and sleek with pretty manes and tails.

Then we went on a van horse farm tour with a funny guy driving and giving the information. There are millions and millions of dollars in this industry from racing to breeding but mostly breeding. Apparently a horse from a good line can go for a couple of million before even being proven on the track.

Then we went to dinner with a friend of my mom's friend and my mom's boyfriend. The boyfriend was an hour and 45 minutes late and didn't even apologize. I was not impressed. Sorry mom.

Then we went out to play volleyball in a sand court. My mom plays for a small league and somehow I ended up in my mom's place. Curious that. I've never played on sand court before but it was fun. I couldn't see due to the rain and I had to take my glasses off, which was a little amusing, since the ball became a white blob sailing back and forth. With a little more practice, I would have remembered how to play a little better, but I did okay.

Then we went into the bar where the court was behind. I just wanted to go home at that point, I felt hurt and cold. But slowly I warmed up and then got "coerced" into playing foosball, which was a silly game but actually fun, again in a weird sort of way. Finally we left, late at night.

And damnit, I was up late again beyond the game. Still not getting enough sleep.

No comments: