I have a bunch of things today so I'll separate them all.
*******************************************************************************
This is from Yahoo!'s Astrology page.
I know, I know, Pop Astrology sucks and is no where near what true Astrology can provide but dang, this is almost laughably accurate.
*********************************************************************************Year 2009 Overview
Pioneering and courageous Aries is being called to times of incredible new growth and renewal. The considerable reflective time you have spent rehashing and deciding which avenue will best serve your highest purpose has shaken you to the very root of your personal belief systems. Through surrendering to your higher self, new realizations and golden opportunities you never thought possible are brilliantly opening up for you.
Your new commitment to self has given you a renewed appreciation of the your divine wisdom and accomplishments. The understanding you have radiates love and compassion, and is attracting your highest good. As your creative spirit soars, the excitement you feel helps you submit to the larger purpose and vision gained in your dreamtime. You are easily able to bring your work out into the world with clarity and purpose. Your heart's desires are quickly manifesting right before your eyes and you are able to reap long-standing benefits as you detach from the past and are catapulted forward.
Because of your humanitarian ideals and desire to be a helper in our emerging world, be careful not to fall into old patterns of helping others fulfill their needs rather than taking care of your own. As you grow, people are drawn to your altruistic ideas and your visionary and compassionate personality.In spite of your good endurance and concentration, remember to take care of yourself on an everyday basis to maintain wholeness and integration. Finding a good physical outlet for your frustrations is important so that you don't deplete your energy and prevent yourself from getting what you really want. Enjoyment is the fundamental desire of your life, and you are able to create the life you enjoy.
I'm sort of in a soft melancholy mood today. "Soft" means this is a more positive mood than true melancholy. I'm listening to "The Lord is My Sheppard" by Bobby McFerrin right. Gieve chose this song as our launching song leaving SF to Burning Man and it had both of us in tears. When I was up late last night, well literally up all night, I emailed him to ask him what the song was and he emailed me not only the name but the actual file of the song as well. I think I've listened to it about 20 times today, nearly in tears each time. It's uplifting and opening in ways that I don't often feel but have before, in bits and pieces.
The Lord Is My Shepherd - Bobby McFerrinThis is really worth a listen, so please do.
The Lord is my shepherd, I have all I need.
She makes me lie down in green meadows, beside the still waters she will lead.
She restores my soul, she rights my wrongs.
She leads me in a path of good things and fills my heart with songs.
Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me. She has said she won’t forsake me, I'm in her hand.
She sets a table before me in the presence of my foes.
She anoints my head with oil and my cup overflows.
Surely, surely, goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will live in her house forever, forever and ever.
Glory be to our Mother and Daughter and to the Holy of Holies.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
For the same song but richer sound quality, which this song really deserves, and I couldn't figure out how to embed this one into the page since it needed an extra code attached.
**********************************************************************************
Interesting site. You enter your birthday to find out who you "were" in a past life. I'm sure people get the same messages, randomly generated although the same message for each date entered. But here was mine. Sigh. I keep running into these messages.
Your past life diagnosis:********************************************************************************
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Central India around the year 850. Your profession was that of a map maker, astrologer, astronomer.
Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.
The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your main task is to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Do you remember now?
I've started listening to these CDs that my mom gave me for Christmas. It's a set of audio CDs called The Ultimate Anti-Career Guide by Rick Jarrow who is some guy who does career counseling through the Chakra and Jungian systems. The Subtitle is "The Inner Path to Finding Your Work in the World". His introduction starts with a quote about work from Martha Graham that goes as such:
Martha Graham wrote in a letter to Agnes De Mille:It's an interesting way to look at work. That it's really not "yours" but channeled through you. I liked the part about: "And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. The world will not have it." This implies to me that even though work isn't really "mine", I still affect how it is put out into the world for the world to have. That it is only unique because of me. Math channeled through someone else would be different than channeled through me (damn right since I need a calculator to even just Add). Marine Biology would be different, Mental Health would be different, etc. Not just because people are inherently different biologically but experientially as well. Like Environmental Science channeled through someone who has a Master's Degree in Psychology, what form would that take? Marty said I should get into an Integral version of Environmental Studies. By Integral I mean Ken Wilber's Integral philosophy, which I am not as familiar with it as Marty (who would have Ken Wilber's baby) but the ideas intrigue me.
“There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all Time, this expression is unique.
And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. The world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine: how good it is; nor how valuable it is; nor how it compares with other expressions.
It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work.
You have to keep open and aware directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open … no artist is pleased…there is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction; a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the others."
I think it's a constant building in life, layer after layer, learning and experience woven together in a creative fashion. Now it's just the path I need to find and create...
No comments:
Post a Comment