Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nooby

January 25, 2009

I got a phone message today from a former co-worker who still works at EH.

As soon as I saw who had called on the call history list, I braced myself before actually listening to the message. I knew what was coming.

Nooby died this morning at Eucalyptus House. Apparently it was a peaceful stepping out of this world to the next. In true Nooby fashion, he indicated to Christian that he wanted to be held and then gently slipped away. Nooby was not the type to slink off somewhere to die, he was too much of a love pig. He just loved people, more than any cat I've ever met. I was very attached to him.

Me with Nooby, butting heads (taken by a resident at the time with my phone cam, her hands shook a lot so the shot came out blurry but I kind of like it). Nooby as a pretzel, he often slept like this. Nooby revealed under my blanket after spending the night with me in my work bed (which was often a little annoying because he'd get up and ask to leave the office or bang on the blinds with his paw in the middle of the night). A profile portrait of Nooby.
























You can read previous posts about him:

Introducing Nooby!
Nooby Gets Worms!
Nooby Love





Dunno what that means for me. Once COC took over, I always used to say that I would leave EH when Nooby died, only I ended up leaving before he did (by almost 4 months, not long). Now that he's gone, how do I let go of EH, since that bitch still rattles around in my psyche in a most unpleasant fashion.

Bon voyage to Nooby, may his journey into the Great Kitty Beyond be a good one. May he have a nice, cushy bed to sit and be able to look out and survey his domain. May he be loved in continual ways as much as he wants. And may he he remain as a good influence in the hearts of those who loved him, workers and residents alike.

Maybe I'll start harrassing Marty for a kitty.....

No comments: