I love their witty bluntness about the shadow of human condition. Plus they are very twisted, with such songs like "Little Girls":
The official music video. Listen!I love little girls they make me feel so good
I love little girls they make me feel so bad
When they’re around they make me feel
Like I’m the only guy in town
I love little girls they make me feel so good
.....
Uh oh take a second take
Uh oh it’s a mistake
Uh oh I’m in trouble
Uh oh the little girl was just to little
Too little, too little, too little
Isn’t this what life’s all about
Isn’t this a dream come true
Isn’t this a nightmare too . . .
To the crazy whacky "Insects":
Tiny insects in my hair
Tiny insects everywhere
Tiny insects in my pants
Watching insects make romance
Insects make me make me want to dance dance dance
They make want to dance . . ."
(song breaks into a funky almost motown beat)
Not the official music video. Listen!
I adore them. Plus it's just well done music. Lot of horns and synth, a strange sort of 80's flavor. And you can't go wrong with the impish, devilish Danny Elfman, lead singer for Oingo Boingo and movie composer Extraordinaire (for over 100 movies and video games since the late 1970's, such as Beetle Juice, most of the Batmans, Men in Black, Edward Scissorhands, various Simpons episodes, mostly dark sci-fi and fantasy movies).
I mean, look at him, second from left. Eee-vil!!
In any case, Oingo Boingo rocks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment