Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The First Day

So, first day of work, back after the conference.

It wasn't so bad, busy as usual. Licensing forced us to take back a client that apparently was discharged while I was gone, we're taking a pretty wounded client with lots of molestation trauma and behaviors and fantasies of raping women... yeah, so he's moving in tomorrow. Whatever.

I came home after this day to find the internet down.

Now, I'm serious that this is a huge thing. I mean, I felt like I was floating out on some crazy, hidden, lost mysterious island. Wait, this is starting to feel familiar. In any case, I was desperate. I mean, I was planning on some hard core WoWing when I got home. You know, important stuff. But seriously, I did notice how struck dumb I felt by the experience, as if I was paralyzed. What will I do without the Internet?! I can't blog (I could have opened up an editor... but, no). I remember once when our modem went out and I was running around howling that I couldn't look up the number for Best Buy so I could go buy another. Never mind that I used to LOOK SHIT UP IN THE PHONEBOOK ALL THE TIME when I was younger. Finally I had to /facepalm myself and got the phonebook out to call them. But you see how the Internet has taken over control of my brain.

So I messed with it for hours. You know how that shit goes. You poke and prod, and finally call the support line to be looped about for hours in that process. Yeah. But finally, after hours, learned that there's an outage in SF, they're working on it, no idea of when it'll be back up. Intermittent at best. So, no WoW, which made me a bit mad, but I did clean my room, well, my desk, which started from me replacing the Ethernet on the modem to test that, and then I started reorganizing plugs and then that led to dusting and reorganizing desk space and what not. So I didn't get a lot done and really parts are messier than when I started. But some are much cleaner than when I started, so I guess you got the messy with the good. Or something.

Met with Marc over the phone. We talked about the "Why Me?" question and I think he basically had a stern talk with me about "No more of that." Okay. I can try to fly with that. Gahhh!! But dang hard. Sigh.

No comments: